Old 05-12-2003, 04:46 PM
j.j.

Default Cookie frosting recipe needed

Hark! I heard (Amberinauburn) say:

I am in urgent need of a frosting recipe for the cookies I plan to make
tomorrow with my husband. I thought all I was going to need was powdered sugar
and water for the frosting, but both the recipes we found called for "
meringue
powder"????? We live in a very small town and our grocery store doesn't even
sell solid white tuna for goodness sake. The chancess of it having Meringue
powder are really small. Someone out there has a nice easy recipe for sugar
cookies frosting right? Please, share it with us. We wanted to spend Friday
making cookies and I don't want to use those dreadful little tubes of pre
-made frosting on my nice home made cookies.

My mother always used powdered sugar, milk, and a little butter to
frost her cut-out cookies. Start with a small bowl, put in some p.
sugar, add milk in small dribs until you have the consistency you
want, then about 1/2 tsp. of butter. Good stuff, also goes well on
graham crackers...

(Posted and e-mailed)

--
j.j. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!