Old 05-12-2003, 11:58 AM
hahabogus

Default Cookie frosting recipe needed

(Amberinauburn) wrote in
:

I am in urgent need of a frosting recipe for the cookies I plan to
make tomorrow with my husband. I thought all I was going to need was
powdered sugar and water for the frosting, but both the recipes we
found called for " meringue powder"????? We live in a very small town
and our grocery store doesn't even sell solid white tuna for goodness
sake. The chancess of it having Meringue powder are really small.
Someone out there has a nice easy recipe for sugar cookies frosting
right? Please, share it with us. We wanted to spend Friday making
cookies and I don't want to use those dreadful little tubes of pre
-made frosting on my nice home made cookies.

Thanking you all in advance
Amber and Harold

You are on your own as to colour choices, but if you can use the paste type
food colouring, it does a better job.

----FROSTING----
6 oz cream cheese; softened
6 tablespoon butter; softened
2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

.. Frosting: Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add powdered sugar
andbeat until light and fluffy. Blend in coconut, nuts, and raisins.
REC.FOOD.RECIPES ARCHIVES /CAKES From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded
from Glen's MM Recipe Archive,
http://www.erols.com/hosey.

--
And the beet goes on! (or under)