hahabogus

Default Cookie frosting recipe needed

(Amberinauburn) wrote in
:

> I am in urgent need of a frosting recipe for the cookies I plan to
> make tomorrow with my husband. I thought all I was going to need was
> powdered sugar and water for the frosting, but both the recipes we
> found called for " meringue powder"????? We live in a very small town
> and our grocery store doesn't even sell solid white tuna for goodness
> sake. The chancess of it having Meringue powder are really small.
> Someone out there has a nice easy recipe for sugar cookies frosting
> right? Please, share it with us. We wanted to spend Friday making
> cookies and I don't want to use those dreadful little tubes of pre
> -made frosting on my nice home made cookies.
>

> Thanking you all in advance
> Amber and Harold

You are on your own as to colour choices, but if you can use the paste type
food colouring, it does a better job.

----FROSTING----
6 oz cream cheese; softened
6 tablespoon butter; softened
2 1/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

.. Frosting: Combine cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Add powdered sugar
andbeat until light and fluffy. Blend in coconut, nuts, and raisins.
REC.FOOD.RECIPES ARCHIVES /CAKES From rec.food.cooking archives. Downloaded
from Glen's MM Recipe Archive,
http://www.erols.com/hosey.

--
And the beet goes on! (or under)