Darren George

Default Wine from Syrups

Hi

Haven't posted here in ages, but I've gotten back into winemaking
(after a year of putrid attempts followed by several years of
inactivity). But time to rejoin the discussion.

Has anyone else tried making wine from concentrated fruit syrups? The
kind that are meant to be diluted and drank with water, or poured on
ice cream or whatever?

I made a rather nice batch of elderflower once from IKEA concentrate-
a very delicate flavour, but a bit insipid (and extremely slow to
ferment). Not sure what one could add for more body without
overpowering the elderflower flavour- certianly not raisins.

I also tried blackberry; this was also slow to ferment, and nearly all
the colour (and most of the flavour) precipitated out during
fermentation. Very disappointing.

Anyone try anything similar? Grenadine, perhaps?
---The Mad Alchemist---
http://www.mad-alchemy.com
Email sent to the above address, unless clearly marked
as wine or heraldry, will be deleted unread.