Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 9:20:39 AM UTC-10, Mike Duffy wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 10:52:05 -0700, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > I loved rebuilding carburetors - just don't let your check
> > balls roll off the table.

> You youngster. In my day all the carburator innards were spring-propelled
> off into the grass. Or maybe that was my experience at lock-smithing.

Yes, I remember now. You old guys had to work on carburetors outside during the day because Edison hadn't invented the light bulb yet. As I recall, "starter fluid" was made from whale blubber. Back then, all you had was cans of WD-2, which was also made from whale blubber. Even whitewall tires were made from whale blubber. I can barely imagine how hard life must have been for you ancient ones!