Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Carnival Squash

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 02:36:42 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:49:30 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 23:55:25 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >That's understandable. Bitter melon literally tastes like aspirin. The harder question is why do people love the stuff? I don't know. The Chinese believe that it has medicinal properties. It does seem to have a positive effect on blood glucose levels.

>> Maybe they can put it in pill form. People already take garlic,
>> ginger, turmeric etc pills. Why not bitter melon.
>>

>That makes as much sense as taking a steak in pill form. I don't eat bitter melon because it has an effect on blood glucose levels - that's not real important to me.
>
>https://photos.app.goo.gl/uw1QJj6Pc5qwtPfv5

You and a couple of Chinese (roughly one billion) may be the only ones
who like the flavour, but if it's good for people's health -real or
perceived- a pill would make sense for the rest of the world's
population. And lo and behold, it already exists.

--
Bruce