Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Martin[_4_] Sheldon Martin[_4_] is offline

Default Cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:43:11 -0400, Michael Trew >
wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 1:35 PM, GM wrote:

>>> I turn of my stove's pilot light permanently! I went all ELECTRIC! And I have my gas company come and pull their gas meter from my house!
>>>
>>> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...

>> The VAST majority of your electric is derived from COAL, John...
>>

>No one seems to understand that. Same deal with these electric cars.
>Yes, they are not polluting locally, but on top of fossil fuel plants,
>literally about half of all electricity is lost during transmission...
>that's terribly inefficient, and adds up to twice of the claimed
>pollution of whatever fossil fuel the plant burns.

All true, ask any electrician and they'll tell you about the terrific
losses from transmission, much is lost as heat. A tremendous amount
of electicity is wasted by step up, step down transformers, known as
hysteresis... no that's not a sexual term, has nothing to do with
hysterectomies.
Electric powered vehicles save nothing, in fact they waste energy and
pollute heavily from burning coal. Those heavy transmission wires
used to charge EVs cause cancer. I'd not be surprised to learn that
driving an electric vehicle is a carsogenic, as are solar panels...
any Dermatologist will tell you how exposure to sunlight causes skin
cancer... people with their roof covered with solar panels are
inviting solar rays.
Electric vehicles have been around for a long time, mostly as delivery
vans in large cities, especially diaper service delivery(Pilgrim). So
now disposables are used, how is that not pollution? The word
'disposable' is synonimous with 'pollution'.
Kootch possesses one of the lowest IQs on the internet.