> wrote:

>Michael Trew wrote:
>
>> On 6/13/2021 1:35 PM, GM wrote:
>> > On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 12:27:02 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> >> On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11:29:00 PM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
>> >>> I'm not sure what recently compelled me to make a double recipe of toll
>> >>> house cookies, but it somehow came out to be about 9 dozen cookies. In
>> >>> a house without A/C on a near 90 degree day, that wasn't my smartest idea.
>> >>>
>> >>> I decided to turn off the the pilot lights on my stove to save on heat
>> >>> in the kitchen, and supper was just a cold chipped chopped ham and
>> >>> provolone sandwich. The humidity has my fridge desperately needing
>> >>> defrosted as well. I suppose it's all better than snow, however.
>> >> I turn of my stove's pilot light permanently! I went all ELECTRIC! And I have my gas company come and pull their gas meter from my house!
>> >>
>> >> John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
>> >
>> >
>> > The VAST majority of your electric is derived from COAL, John...
>> >

>> No one seems to understand that. Same deal with these electric cars.
>> Yes, they are not polluting locally, but on top of fossil fuel plants,
>> literally about half of all electricity is lost during transmission...
>> that's terribly inefficient, and adds up to twice of the claimed
>> pollution of whatever fossil fuel the plant burns.

>
>
>EV's can be *far* worse as consumption and disposal of fuel and raw materials goes...from the original mining of the battery/vehicle materials to fuel consumed to the eventual disposal of those batteries/vehicle materials ...
>
>An example of hare - brained environmental "thinking" is California's mandate to rapidly switch to EV's. Much has been debated about this, here is one piece:
>
>https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-e...-cut-emissions
>
>California should let carbon market, not mandate, cut emissions
>
>BY GEOFF COOPER, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 10/05/20
>
>"California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) sent shock waves through energy and climate policy circles recently when he ordered that all new passenger cars and trucks sold in the state must be “zero-emission” by 2035.
>
>Of course, in California regulatory lingo, the term “zero-emission vehicle” (or “ZEV”) is shorthand for an electric or fuel cell vehicle. Thus, starting 15 years from now, Gov. Newsom’s order would essentially ban the sale of cars and trucks that use liquid fuels in internal combustion engines and mandate the sale of battery electric, plug-in hybrid and fuel cell vehicles.
>
>There’s no question that the executive order is as bold as it is fashionable. But is it realistic? And is it truly necessary?
>
>Indeed, the goal behind the ZEV mandate — combating climate change —is laudable and absolutely should be pursued with urgency. As producers of renewable liquid fuels, confronting climate change and reducing carbon emissions is our goal too.
>
>In California, the transportation sector accounts for more than 50 percent of the state’s greenhouse gas emissions. And nationwide, transportation is the single largest source of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. We can — and must — do more to reduce carbon pollution, and we need to act quickly.
>
>But let’s get a few things straight.
>
>First, there is no such thing as a zero-emission vehicle. Calling an electric vehicle a ZEV is like calling a donkey a unicorn — it sounds nice, but it simply isn’t real. Just because there aren’t any greenhouse gas emissions coming out the tailpipe of an electric vehicle doesn’t mean the vehicle and its fuel are emissions-free. The electricity that powers the vehicle had to come from somewhere. And, if it comes from fossil fuels, the true carbon impacts of a “ZEV” can be as bad or worse than the impacts of a vehicle running on straight gasoline.
>
>It’s true that California gets a significant share (about 30 percent) of its electricity from clean, renewable sources like biomass, wind, solar and hydro. It’s also true that an electric vehicle running on these sources of electricity offers a far smaller carbon footprint than a vehicle running on gasoline. But roughly one-third of the electricity produced in California is generated by natural gas-fired plants. Another one-third of the state’s electricity comes in from other states and, yes, some of those places still use coal in their power plants. Nationwide, fossil fuels like coal and natural gas still generate 63 percent of our electricity, with 20 percent coming from nuclear and 18 percent from renewables..."
>
></>
>

Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."
--
Bruce