Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cooking

On 6/13/2021 9:43 PM, Michael Trew wrote:

>> The VAST majority of your electric is derived from COAL, John...
>>

> No one seems to understand that.Â* Same deal with these electric cars.
> Yes, they are not polluting locally, but on top of fossil fuel plants,
> literally about half of all electricity is lost during transmission...
> that's terribly inefficient, and adds up to twice of the claimed
> pollution of whatever fossil fuel the plant burns.

You need to brush up on the facts. Electricity loss is about 5% in
transmission.
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=105&t=3
The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that
electricity transmission and distribution (T&D) losses equaled about 5%
of the electricity transmitted and distributed in the United States in
2015 through 2019.

http://insideenergy.org/2015/11/06/l...and-your-plug/
Energy lost in transmission and distribution: About 6% €“ 2% in
transmission and 4% in distribution €“ or 69 trillion Btus in the U.S. in
2013

In the future, other forms of generation will take over. In our area
solar is viable and I get some of my juice from solar.

EVs have a long way to go to be ideal, but there are many new
technologies in the works to reduce or eliminate lithium, make faster
charging times, longer distance.

People thought the automobile was just a fad for the wealthy too. It
will take years but it will be viable.