Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] dalewilli...@gmail.com is offline

Default TN: ESJ,. Clouet, Mugnier

Grill night- Waygu burgers, Polish sausage, with fixings (including curry ketchup), cole slaw, and kale. Wine was the 1995 Edmunds St John Les Cotes Sauvages. Nice showing - ripe red fruits, smoke, underbrush/herb. Good acids, resolved tannin, good finish. Great burger wine! B+

OK, first night inside a restaurant with other people. 3 couples at Goosefeather in the King mansion in Tarrytown. Restaurant week, we got the prix fixe with additional dish to share. I started with spicy shaved snow peas with oeanuts and tamarind sauce, Betsy had pork/mushroom dumplings. Table shared crab rice, then I had wild mushroom €śslippery noodles€ť, Betsy had branzino with moo shu pancakes. I dont eat dessert, but everyone favored the green tea Tiramisu with passionfruit mascarpone over the mochi waffles

List has 4X markups. I brought the wine- corkage was $50, but worth it.

NV Andre Clouet Un Jour du 1911 Champagne
Full, rich (this is 100% PN I think), slightly nutty/oxidative note, everyone liked, I did but didnt love, maybe more for Krug-lovers. B/B-

2007 Mugnier €śClos de la Marechal€ť Nuits St George 1er
Lovely place, red and black cherry, spice, cedar, perfumed. More Mugnier than NSG, quite elegant. A-/B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.