Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I needed some Emergency Food today!

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:57:50 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-29 4:02 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 9:45:22 AM UTC-10, S Viemeister
> >
> >> Every time I use our new shower room, I'm glad I resisted the
> >> architect's desire to NOT put in a window. Even the mason said
> >> 'you won't get any light coming in there'. They were both wrong.
> >> It's nice and bright, and I like it. It was certainly more
> >> expensive to put in a big double-glazed window, in both materials
> >> and labour, but it was _definitely_ worth it.

> > My brother-in-laws did our bathroom. Late in the project, I got the
> > idea to put 3 glass bricks in the wall. It was a pretty good idea
> > because I get some light in the bath during the day. We also get to
> > see from our bedroom when someone is in there. Additionally, glass
> > bricks are always pretty cool.
> >

> Wow. I have not seen glass bricks for years. My grandparents had them
> between the toilet and the bathtub in their main bathroom. That house
> was built in the late 40s.

You can get them made of light(er) weight acrylic now. When we built
my husband's workshop, he wanted natural light, but didn't want anybody
to be able to look through the windows and see all the cool (expensive)
stuff he has. We put in a bunch of "glass" block windows, which can be
purchased as a ready-to-install unit (no mortar or grout required).

Although the shop is air-conditioned, if he wants ventilation he can
open the front "garage" and back "man" doors.

Cindy Hamilton