Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default I needed some Emergency Food today!

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 4:20:54 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-04-29 5:07 p.m., wrote:
> >
> > A window in ANY room will add welcome daylight; even a small window.
> > It sounds like the architect didn't want to take the time to draw up plans
> > for a window. Plus the mason didn't want to spend the extra time it
> > took to install it. Your shower room would have just been a dungeon.
> >

> Sky lights are nice too. Our family room has windows on the north and on
> the east sides, but there it always seemed a little gloomy back here. I
> needed to do the roof on it and we had a friend who had worked as a
> roofer and he offered to help me if I would help him and a couple
> friends do his roof. We has stripped off the shingles and he told me
> that if I had ever wanted a skylight there, that was the time to do it.
> We kept un shingling while I scooted over to the building supply store
> and picked up a skylight. When I got back we installed it and finished
> the shingling. Here were are about 30 years later and I am still
> delighted by how much cheerier the room is.

Yes, they are great and I'm surprised they're not used more. Windows or
skylights keep rooms from looking like tombs.

I know I mentioned it a few weeks ago about having transom windows
installed in the second bath and in the walk-in closet. Either of those
rooms would have gloomy and always requiring a light be turned on
even during the day without those windows.