Posted to alt.food.wine
Dan the Man Dan the Man is offline

Default How long can I keep a bottle of red wine?

On Tuesday, April 6, 2021 at 4:01:42 AM UTC-4, Leo Beck wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have question that needs to be answered by the experts or from
> passionate wine drinkers.. Why am I asking this?
> I've found a huge selection of wines from a reputative wine store (
> https://www.winedirect.com.au/red-wines )
>
> People say that is all about the quality of the wine. I have heard that
> lesser expensive wines are made to drink right away while more expensive
> wines that have a better pedigree with a higher sticker price can age
> for many years.
>
> Thank you!
>

> --
> Leo Beck

Leo,

Cheaper wines are generally made to drink now, not later.
As for pricier ones, you might do well to go on the recommendations of reviewers.
Some sources of info include magazines like Wine Enthusiast or Wine Spectator.
It's a good starting point, anyway.

Dan-O (the more you drink, the more you learn)