Blue Heron

pearl wrote:
> "Digger" > wrote in message ...
>
>>On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:57:03 -0400, "magnulus" > wrote:
>>
>>>"Digger" > wrote in message ...

<snip>
> Doesn't 'vegetarian' in the UK, simply mean those who
> abstain from meat, as in 'lacto-ovo-vegetarians', (whilst in
> the US, 'vegetarian' means what we call 'vegan')? Maybe
> we should just call nursing babies, of any species, 'lactarians'?
> (There's probably already an accepted definition, though .

No, Digger is just trolling here.

Vegetarian in both the UK and North America genereally refers to ovo
lacto vegetarianism. Sometimes in North America (particularly in French
Canada and the midwest) vegetarian is considered pisca/pollatarian,
which makes it a pain in the ass, but never has it gone the other way,
where vegetarian is considered vegan/strict-vegetarian.

-- Blue