Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leo[_4_] Leo[_4_] is offline

Default Red Baron (brand) Fail

On 2021 Mar 23, , jmcquown wrote
(in article >):

> Oh, look! This is an old article from the RFC website I wrote about
> artichokes:
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.org/tips/artichokes.html

We are just over the hill from artichoke country. They are nearly always
available at a price. Even here, and in season, getting a decent sized one on
sale costs about two bucks.
I read your article and agree with it. I do two things differently. I donīt
remove the choke until I have peeled and eaten the leaves right up to it. The
closer you get to the choke, the more edible the leaves become.
Then I use a sharp knife to cut the choke away from the heart, slice the
heart into bite-sized pieces and eat it. The heart is the best part.
Oh...and I steam a decent sized choke for forty-five minutes. The monsters I
took a picture of a couple of weeks ago were steamed for an hour. But
thatīs just me.

leo