Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Turn vanilla pudding into custard?

On 2021-03-21 11:21 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 10:39:28 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> On 3/21/2021 10:33 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Jello Brand Instant Pudding doesn't have to be cooked.

>> Have you ever used that? Not good at all.

> I'm not sure. I may have used it when I was a kid. Nowadays if I wanted
> pudding, I'd make it from scratch. It's not difficult. I'd have to get some
> cocoa, though. All I have on hand is semisweet chocolate.

Instant pudding is pretty easy to make. Add milk and beat it until is
starts to set. It's not very good. The cooked pudding mixes aren't much
better and you still have to add the expensive ingredients, the eggs and
the milk. All you need is corn starch, sugar, milk and the flavouring,
vanilla or chocolate. For butterscotch you use brown sugar instead of
white. It takes only a few minutes to mix up the ingredients and bring
it to a boil.