rick etter

"John Coleman" > wrote in message
news

> "The Ghost of Pete Charest" <pc@burning@hell> wrote in message
> news.com...
> > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:37:06 GMT, "John Coleman" >
> > wrote the following in alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian:

> > >8<
> > >
> > >no, the reason that vegans seek to avoid exploitation is because it is

> cruel
> > >and cynical, so is killing - vegans do "veganic" agriculture

> > So "veganic" agriculture doesn't result in the death of any animals?

> Just walking around doing nothing much results in the death of some tiny
> animals. Veganic agriculture is agriculture free of animal products,
> pesticides etc. See
> http://www.veg-soc.org/html/articles...riculture.html - (Digger will
> like this one as it has a definition like his definition of Veganism in

it)

> you raise that old false dilema fallacy again - read the definition, esp.

my
> emphasis added
>
> "Today, the Society remains as determined as ever to promote vegan
> lifestyles - that is, **ways of living that seek to exclude, as far as is
> possible and practical**, all forms of exploitation of animals for food,
> clothing or any other purpose."

=============
No, they aren't. Especially since they maintain websites. It's all about
conning your money....

> If you or anyone else do not understand this simple English, please

explain
> how and why not! We simply try to avoid causing animal suffering and
> exploitation where practical.

=====================
No, you don't. Here are are proving that fact yet again, killer. You are
here contributing to the unnecessary death and suffering of animals for no
more reason than your entertainment.

We are perfectly well aware that it is
> impossible to avoid killing animals altogether, even as you roll over in

bed
> you kill mites.
>
> Even if I were to drop down dead now, I dare say I would crush many
> invertibrates - but that does not make dropping dead unvegan either.

Posting to usenet is still unvegan. But then usenet vegans arern't really
vegan anyway, hypocrite.