Richard

"Digger" > wrote

> >You're not implying that a vegan parent who breastfeeds their baby
> >isn't a 'true vegan', but that the baby of said vegans is 'vegetarian'?

> No, I'm not implying anything like that. The mother, if vegan
> remains a vegan by virtue of her diet and lifestyle. The baby,
> however, cannot be said to be a vegan or even a vegetarian
> while it gains nourishment from animal derived products such
> as human breast milk.

What do you mean not vegetarian? A vegetarian doesn't eat the meat of
animals? If the baby doesn't eat the meat of animals, then it is vegetarian.

> >I'd call a suckling baby 'vegetarian', myself.

> I wouldn't, for the simple fact that it doesn't feed exclusively
> on vegetables. It's a suckling baby without any labels or
> stigma attached to its diet.

What have vegetables got to do with it? You could be a vegetarian without
eating vegetables. Do you have even the slightest idea as to what a
vegetarian is? Of course the baby is vegetarian. It only stops being
vegetarian when you make it meat.

Richard