Jack Denver

Some interesting ideas. I've often looked at my kitchen "instant hot" and
thought "here's 3/4ths of an espresso machine". Just as you descripe, the
instant hot has a plumbed in boiler that is mounted in the cabinet below my
sink and all that is visible is the faucet that dispenses 190F water. This
could easily be replaced/supplemented by a grouphead - perhaps electrically
heated to supplement/stabilize the boiler water temperature. Add a pump and
mount an airswitch on the countertop to control it and you're done.

om...