Posted to rec.food.sourdough
John Washington John Washington is offline

Default Blisters on surface

On Saturday, February 20, 2021 at 12:01:33 PM UTC-8, Shadow wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 09:32:14 -0800 (PST), John Washington
> > wrote:

> >> I'd like to get a shiny surface like professionals seem to get all the time.

> >...from just a natural bake? don't most of them coat their doughs with egg/milk mixtures to get a shiny surface?

> Or oil. I like my Italian style bread "natural". Flour, water
> and salt.
> I might add oil for pan-bread as it tends to keep it moist
> longer,
> FWIW
> []'s
> --
> Don't be evil - Google 2004
> We have a new policy - Google 2012

do blisters occur more with sourdough sine there is more lactic acid? I reckon they may not occur in breads that use rapid rise yeast.
Anyone think it's possible to have a sourdough starter that is almost entirely or entirely comprised of lactic acid bacteria?