John Coleman

wrote:

> > Isn't a human an animal,

> We are mammals by virtue of the female of our species
> having mammary glands. (thank you, Lord)
>
> >so wouldn't human breast milk be an "animal
> >byproduct"?

> Yes, and therefore a non-vegan source of food.

incorrect - you need to start with a valid definition of veganism, then work
from there

> Human milk and placentas are a non-vegan food source,
> so when you read any vegan material claiming these foods
> to be vegan fare, you'll know they're lying.

No those assertions are quite correct.

> One could argue that cows give up their milk voluntarily,

Cows are domesticated imbreeds with little of their original instincts
left - wild bovids do not welcome humans to come and steal their milk. I
doubt cows really volunteer their milk either, other than perhaps to relieve
the burden. However, since the calves that are taken are caused to suffer by
this and the mother cow, then that is unacceptable to a vegan.

John