Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Rye sour

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 14:37:34 -0700, Graham > wrote:

>On 2021-02-18 12:53 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:

>>> It's a shame because it sets out to be authoritative and is spoiled by
>>> the sloppy editing.
>>> See if you can get it through your library. The long introductory pages
>>> are worth reading.

>> Last time I checked, the library in town was only functioning
>> electronically. So many things are not as normal right now.
>>

>Ours are closed to visitors/members. However, you can order books online
>and when they inform you that they are ready, you drive to the branch,
>phone the posted number and they put your book on a table outside the door.
>When a book is returned, it is quarantined for 3 days before the next loan.

It is certainly more environmentally kind to do that, I suppose, but
these days I mostly scour a few used book sites and buy a used copy if
it is something I truly crave..

My library might also have updated their access as the pandemic has
waned and waxed. I suppose I should check again. Still, I, myself,
quarantine anything that comes in the house by shipment or mail. This
I bring in get Lysol sprayed or wiped down. I know the latest assumes
minimal risk for fomite exposure, but I prefer a bit of virological
theater at this point. Keeps me on my toes.