Old 18-02-2021, 07:53 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough
Boron Elgar[_1_] Boron Elgar[_1_] is offline

Default Rye sour

On 2021-02-18 12:33 p.m., Boron Elgar wrote:
On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 08:57:21 -0700, Graham wrote:

I've just started a rye sour as I have borrowed "The Rye Baker" by
Stanley Ginsberg fron the library. At first sight it seems to be
excellent and worth acquiring but reading the first recipe reveals an
appalling level of errors that careful proof editing would have
corrected. I intend to bake some of the recipes hoping that I can spot
any mistakes before getting a lousy result.
This is the sort of book where the one and two star reviews on Amazon
should be taken seriously.

Depressing. There is no excuse for this sort of thing, especially, as
so many recipes that wind up in book such as these get posted online
at the author's promo pages and errors should show up there, too, be
pointed out, and changed in editing.

It's a shame because it sets out to be authoritative and is spoiled by
the sloppy editing.
See if you can get it through your library. The long introductory pages
are worth reading.

Last time I checked, the library in town was only functioning
electronically. So many things are not as normal right now.