Posted to rec.food.sourdough
John Washington John Washington is offline

Default Blisters on surface

On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 9:32:15 AM UTC-8, John Washington wrote:
> On Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 7:54:40 AM UTC-8, Graham wrote:

> > > Bah! What do those Frenchies know?
> > >
> > > I am laughing, of course, but I do take it as a great success when I
> > > get a well blistered surface.
> > >

> > I'd like to get a shiny surface like professionals seem to get all the time.

> ...from just a natural bake? don't most of them coat their doughs with egg/milk mixtures to get a shiny surface?

Also forgot to mention..really important....i also have noticed that while mixing my dough i'll see sporadic bubbles burst throughout the dough. It prevents me from kneading/folding because it will cause breaks in the dough. Is this the breaking down of the gluten structures?