Beirader

wrote:

>>>Why? Do you work in a bank?

>> Banks are usually closed Sundays. I was curious where she worked,
>>too, to be going in on a Sunday.
>>
>> I don't get halloween costumes at work. These are adults, if they
>>want to dress up, do it at a party or after work. Not to mention that
>>since Halloween is technically a religious holiday, I wonder why people
>>don't get all het up about it being displayed at work, in public, at
>>schools, etc.

> You and two other people remember that the historical background
> Halloween is religious. Well, OK, maybe a few more remember. For most
> folks it's about pumpkins, black cats, and witches on broomsticks! :-)
>
> Seriously, I doubt it occurs to most people.

Yes indeed, Samhain is a truly religious holiday. here in Salem the
parties start at the beginning of October but really get into high gear
when all those outsiders travel here for their "Halloween" fun.
The true New Year occurs at the winter solstice and then on into the
rest of the year.
We have wonderful times and great food.