Tom S

Default TN Ch Beychevelle 1975

"Cwdjrx _" > wrote in message
> Beychevelle 75 probably is as good as it ever will be, but it might last
> a few more years. The harshness typical of many 75's has rounded, and
> the balance of acid and tannin now is under control. The color still is
> rather deep with only a slight bit of age showing around the rim. Many
> of the Beychevelles from the 70s were quite decent, but not among the
> top wines of that era.

I still have fond memories of the 1974 Beychevelle, which at the time was
~$7US. I must have finished off at least a case, and very happily.

When the 1975 came out, I tried a bottle with great expectation that it
would be well worth the much higher price. It wasn't. In fact, I liked the
1974 better. :^(

Tom S