View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster

Default I make world class Garlic Potatoes

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021 at 11:27:42 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
> > And keep them in a big plastic container in my refrigerator to have with my Breakfasts and Dinners! And I sanitize them with bleach water after scrubbing with dish soap TWICE! You HAVE TO wash plastic twice to get it squeaky clean!
> >
> >
> > It's a recipe from a local restaurant that I got in a newsletter years ago. I'll give you my slightly modified version:
> >
> > 5 lbs potatoes
> >
> > 4 cups 40% cream
> >
> > 1-1.5 heads of fresh garlic (not the stuff in jars!)
> >
> > 1 tsp salt
> >
> > 1 tsp white pepper (black pepper works too, but makes black specks in the sauce!)
> >
> > Gruyere swiss cheese
> >
> >
> > Peel (optional I suppose) and slice up the potatoes into chunk slices about 1/4 inch thick. Peel and mince the garlic, and I pare that little green plant out of the middle of each clove (A PITA, but it's kinda fun too!)
> >
> > In a large pot, put the potato pieces, the cream, the garlic and the salt and pepper and bring to a gentle boil for about 10-15 mins. Thin with a little milk to make it easy to stir.
> >
> > Then pour into a shallow baking pan like a lasagna pan, and grate Gruyere cheese on top. Bake at 350F for 40 mins or into until the Gruyere gets light golden brown.
> >
> > Let sit for 30 mins after baking, and enjoy!
> >
> >
> > John Kuthe, RN, BSN...
> >

> How come these world class taters ain't in the RFC FAQ?

I dunno, ask the person wrote the FAQ.

John Kuthe, RN, BSN...