Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Garlic Potatoes on simmer at 12:23PM!

On Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 9:02:16 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

> > > Large Enoki or Shemenji?
> > >
> > > The only 'black garlic' I have is a sea salt blend. It's is
> > > fabulous!

> > It's fried king mushroom and black garlic. The black garlic is of a
> > variety that has a single big clove - if you can believe that! The
> > meatloaf was rolled like a maki sushi. I suppose I could have cooked
> > it like a pizza too.

> Unique and I like! Maki Sushi would have been fun too for it all.

Back in the old days, maki sushi and inari sushi were the ones served in Hawaii. All the aunties and grandmas would make it for parties. My auntie had an okazuya so I would remember her making maki and inari sushi and sushi rice when I was a little kid. I wish I had paid more attention but I was kind of a knuclehead child. We never saw all that fancy sushi that we have today until the late 70's.