Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mike Duffy[_5_] Mike Duffy[_5_] is offline

Default Breaking News Memphis

On Fri, 04 Dec 2020 10:38:25 -0600, Sqwertz wrote:

> I'm not buying it.

I don't buy it either, despite that your reasons are lacking somewhat.

> 1. They're in a police car.

It might have been dark, or an unmarked car.

> 2. Police dogs eat very specific and consistent diets that doesn't
> include cheeseburgers.

True. But sometimes work issues force the handler (& his dog) into
overtime. A plain burger should be safe once in a while. I would,
however, nix the cheese if the dog is not accustomed to it.

> 3. There is no standard fast food slang for "something for my dog".

I have to agree on this. I ordered a "Cheeseburger with nothing on it"
once, and got a plain hamburger. When I asked about the cheese, they said
I ordered it with nothing. When I clarified "plain cheeseburger", not
"plain hamburger", the manager went into the kitchen and brought me back
a cheese slice.

> 4. There's no link to an article.

Maybe he heard it. What I find fishy is that usually, you pay at Window#1
and pickup at Window#2. If I ordered a "K9" special at the kiosk, and
then I need to pay $100 at Window#1, I'm sure I would ask for
clarification before advancing to Window#2.