Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Garlic Potatoes on simmer at 12:23PM!

On 12/5/2020 6:59 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> On 12/4/2020 8:28 PM, cshenk wrote:
>>> It makes me think of those little clay pots some wet down and stuff
>>> garlic in then slow bake? You squeeze them out on garlic bread or
>>> something and supposed to be divine. I've not tried it.

>> I used to have one of those years ago (it finally broke). Called a
>> garlic bell, I think. Small clay dish with a rounded clay top. Cut
>> the top off a head of garlic and slow roast for a bit.
>>
>> When done, just squeeze the bulb onto french or italian bread slices
>> to make a nice mild garlic bread.

> Thats what I heard of. It does much the same when slow cooked (peeled)
> in a crockpot. Becomes a sort of garlic paste that disburses.

I'm here to tell you, you don't need any sort of special little pot to
roast whole heads of garlic and squeeze it out onto nice toasted Italian
bread. BTDT, it's delicious. I sprinkle it with a little course salt.

I don't know a thing about cooking peeled garlic in a crock pot. I
don't buy peeled cloves of garlic. They probably do turn out like
paste, which is what happens when you roast heads of garlic.

Jill