Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Garlic Potatoes on simmer at 12:23PM!

jmcquown wrote:

> On 12/4/2020 7:19 AM, Gary wrote:
> > On 12/3/2020 7:10 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > > Grin, we like it.Â* But that was 5 cloves, not heads.Â* Call it near
> > > 2.5TB minced?
> > >
> > > Might be about 1 head but I don't really think about how many
> > > cloves are in a head.

> > More than 5 cloves to a head. I just pulled a head apart this
> > morning. Contains 12 cloves - 9 large ones and 3 smaller ones from
> > the center.
> >

> Definitely more than five cloves to a head of garlic, and all heads
> of garlic are not created equal.
>
> I never really think about how many garlic cloves are in a head,
> either. I just buy nice looking heads of garlic, plump, not dried
> out.
>
> Something is tugging at my memory. A long ago recipe for chicken
> calling for 40 cloves of garlic... I have no idea how many heads of
> garlic that would be. LOL
>
> Jill

I had the same thought today. The idea in the recipe is slow roasted
garlic that is like butter in the end (which fresh garlic is prone to
do in the right setting).

It makes me think of those little clay pots some wet down and stuff
garlic in then slow bake? You squeeze them out on garlic bread or
something and supposed to be divine. I've not tried it.