Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Garlic Potatoes on simmer at 12:23PM!

On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 7:19:53 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> On 12/3/2020 7:10 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Grin, we like it. But that was 5 cloves, not heads. Call it near
> > 2.5TB minced?
> >
> > Might be about 1 head but I don't really think about how many cloves
> > are in a head.

> More than 5 cloves to a head. I just pulled a head apart this morning.
> Contains 12 cloves - 9 large ones and 3 smaller ones from the center.

It depends on the garlic variety. My home-grown garlic often contains
just 4 big cloves per head.

Commercial garlic is, of course, grown for long storage. But in the
world of garlic, there are all kinds of varieties.

<http://www.thegarlicstore.com/categories/Planting-Stock/>

Cindy Hamilton