Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default New Kitchen Closet shelf rails!

On Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 1:10:59 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 2, 2020 at 8:20:21 PM UTC-5, wrote:

> > > TBS. Total bullshit. For one, you don't know that. And 2, you
> > > don't biuld a modern house from fresh wood unless it's a log cabin.
> > > That wood was harvested, milled, and cured far from your house. And
> > > you have plywood in your walls.

> > There's no plywood in my 1925 built house, other than the cheesy, half
> > built wall I put up in the basement, and the kitchen cabinets we had put
> > in before we moved in and maybe the bar between the kitchen and
> > dining room, which was probably not original to the house, and the
> > underlayment to the bathroom floor that we had rebuilt. Everything else
> > is old fashioned plaster. The basement has drywall because it was
> > originally completely open floorplan, with exposed joists.

> There's nothing wrong with plywood. It's superior where dimensional
> stability is required. Custom cabinetmakers use it all the time.
>
> There's some plywood in my 1947 built house. When we gutted the
> bathroom we found some previous "handy" person had hacked holes
> in the tongue-in-groove subfloor at various locations for plumbing
> fixtures that were never installed. It looked like they used an axe.
>
> We cleaned up the holes and patched them with plywood, then covered
> the entire floor with 3/4" plywood, then with concrete backer board for tile.
> The old floor was a thick bed of mortar. Installing those three new layers
> brought the floor up to slightly below the level of the hallway.
>
> My kitchen cabinets are particleboard. The "finest" 1985 cabinetry.
> Replacing them is on our "to do" list. The new cabinets will have
> plywood carcasses.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I have a couple of guitars with plywood tops and a couple with solid spruce and cedar tops. The trouble with solid top wood guitars is that the tops tend to warp from the pull of the strings over time which can make the guitar unplayable after a few years. Having a guitar that's unplayable is a real drag. The plywood top guitars are dead stable. That's pretty awesome.