Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: T'giving- Loire, Syrah, Bdx, Bojo. Bandol etc

On 11/30/20 4:02 PM, wrote:
> akeout goat curry, palak paneer
> 2011 Paris €śGranit 30€ť Cornas
> Pretty tight on opening, but fleshes out (and drinks well over couple days). Black cherry with some herb and leather, juicy and pretty friendly with air. No hurry here. B+

I just checked and I have the '14 and '15 editions of this wine. I try
to give my traditional Cornas about 15 years before broaching, but I
ain't getting any younger...

> Over to friends for Thanksgiving (8-10 feet apart, windows open and fans going. Shrimp , bacon wrapped dates, turkey, dressing, gravy, Brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with mustard/creme fraiche sauce, salad, marinated celeriac,
>

> 2019 Huet Le Mont Vouvray Sec
> another great '19 Huet Sec, great acidity, long finish, mineral/rocks galore. A-

Huet's '19 secs seem to be winners all around. How'd it work with the
Thanksgiving fare?

> 2009 Foillard Fleurie
> I drink a lot of Foillard Morgon, but not Fleurie. Maybe I should. Plenty of 2009 ripeness here,but integrated and balanced. Larger framer Gamay, black cherry and plum,

You and me both, Dale. Don't think I've ever seen his Fleurie for sale.
I did pick up a Brouilly made by his son Alex as an experiment.

> 1998 Ogier Cote-Rotie
> They loved this as well, I was a little disappointed. Proper dark berry fruit and pepper notes, but seems a bit thin, and finish seems slightly short and disjointed. Just popped and poured, not great service, but will see with the next bottle. For today B-

That doesn't sound right. Might this have been heat damaged or
otherwise flawed?

Thanks for the great notes, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Mark Lipton