Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Disgusting!

On 11/5/2020 1:52 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> Hospital food has a bad reputation.Â* When I spent a week in the hospital
> 10 years ago I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was.Â* When
> I spend a week in a different hospital two months ago I could not
> believe how bad the food was.Â* On my last day there I could not have
> breakfast because of a procedure I was going to have done. I really
> didn't mind. Over the previous 6 days I had missed so many meals for one
> reason or another that I was used to being hungry, and the food was so
> bad I was not going to miss it.

I worked with a guy in Memphis who told me his parents used to go to a
local hospital cafeteria once a week for dinner. Yes, they liked the
hospital cafeteria food that much.

In my most recent hospital stay (2008), other than clear broth I really
didn't get to eat anything for several days. When they finally said I
could have a "hamburger" (it turned out to be a "loose meat" sandwich) I
was so hungry by that time I didn't really care as long as it was some
solid food. Actually, it was pretty good.

Jill