MOMPEAGRAM

"Ninip" > wrote in message
news:WWy8d.218465$%S.147093@pd7tw2no...
> Hi everyone
> Can someone give me a good old fashioned pumpkin pie recipe (no
> creamcheese). I want to try my hand at it for our Family Thanksgiving
> dinner. Thanks in advance.

* Exported from BigOven *

Helen's Browned Pumpkin

Recipe By :
Serving Size :2
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Pies Peagram

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1 sm Pumpkin

Bake the pumpkin till tender in the oven at 350. butter a heavy cast
iron frying pan and cooking the pumpkin over medium heat, stirring and
turning so all parts dry properly. Keep this up til it is reduced and
slightly browned. I start with 2 cups and end up with 1 1/2 cups of
wonderful nutty browned pumpkin. If recipe calls for a little more than 1
1/2 cups just start with 1/2 cup more than called for and follow the above
instructions.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 15 Calories; trace Fat (2.8% calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch).Nutr. Assoc. : 0

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy Windows recipe software. Try it free at www.bigoven.com. **

* Exported from BigOven *

Helen's Pumpkin Pie

Recipe By :
Serving Size :2
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Pies Peagram

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
1/2 c Browned --strained pumpkin
2 tb All purpose flour
1 c Brown sugar
2 c Milk
1 c Cream *
1 t Cinnamon
1/2 ts Ginger
1/2 ts Nutmeg
2 Eggs --beaten
-CRUST-
1 Pie dough for 2 pies
2 tb Sugar
1 tb Flour
1 pn Spice

* Recipe calls for heavy cream if possible, 2% canned milk could be sub.
Place the browned pumpkin in a bowl, sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the flour and
brown sugar and stir til thoroughly mixed. Add the eggs, cinnamon, ginger
and nutmeg. Mix well. Add the milk. Beat together til well mixed.
Line pie plates with dough, well built up around edges. Mix together the
2 tbsp sugar the remaining tbsp of flour and the pinch of spice.
Sprinkle over bottom pie crusts, spreading all over with tips of fingers.
This prevents sogginess. Fill shell 3/4 full. Place strips of foil
around edge and place in a preheated 450 oven. Bake for 15 minutes and
reduce the heat to 325. Bake 30 minutes longer. Pie is done when the
mixture shakes just in the middle when moved back and forth. Serve hot or
cold.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1438 Calories; 9g Fat (5.6% calories
from fat); 15g Protein; 333g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 33mg
Cholesterol; 152mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Non-Fat Milk;
1 1/2 Fat; 18 Other Carbohydrates.Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0