Jean B.

Ninip wrote:

> Hi everyone
> Can someone give me a good old fashioned pumpkin pie recipe (no
> creamcheese). I want to try my hand at it for our Family Thanksgiving
> dinner. Thanks in advance.

Here is my favorite recipe for a NORMAL pumpkin pie. (I usually
prefer pumpkin chiffon pie, but I don't know that that qualifies
here.) Gene Burns was a talk radio personality in Boston for
years before he defected. (I still miss him!)

Gene Burns' Dark and Spicy Pumpkin Pie

Filling:
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (I use 1 can, now 15 oz, I think)
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup maple syrup (dark grade!!!!)
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (I actually prefer the store-bought
version for this, specifically, McCormick)
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (freshly grated, if possible)

1 unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 450F.

Beat eggs slightly. Combine with all other ingredients for the
filling. Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 450F for 10
minutes. Reduce oven temp to 350F and bake an additional 30-35
minutes or until a knife inserted midway between the center and
the edge of the pie comes out clean. Cool.

Serve with whipped cream, if desired.

--
Jean B.