zxcvbob

Ninip wrote:

> Hi everyone
> Can someone give me a good old fashioned pumpkin pie recipe (no
> creamcheese). I want to try my hand at it for our Family Thanksgiving
> dinner. Thanks in advance.

Sorry about the attachment in my previous post. I thought Thunderbird
would inline a text attachment:

Pumpkin Pie
(from Maida Heatter's New Book of Great Desserts)

1 extra deep 9" pie shell
1 3/4 cups light cream
3 eggs, large or extra large
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 pound (2 cups) canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp finely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp mace
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Adjust rack one-third up from bottom of oven and preheat to 450. Have
prepared unbaked crust in the freezer. It must be frozen at least 20 or
30 minutes. Scald cream (or 1 C heavy cream and 3/4 C milk) in a small
saucepan. [I used 1 3/4 C half-n-half and 1/3 C powdered milk]
Meanwhile, in large bowl beat the eggs lightly. Beat in the vanilla,
sugar, salt, spices. [I used 1/2 tsp cinnamon in place of nutmeg] Then
add pumpkin and mix well. Gradually stir in the hot cream. Pour filling
into frozen crust and bake for 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Turn down oven
to 350 and bake another 30 or 40 minutes, until a small sharp knife
inserted in middle of pie comes out clean. Do not test more than
necessary because each cut will leave a scar which will get bigger as
the pie cools. Place on a rack to cool. Serve while still barely warm
or at room temperature.

Best regards,
Bob