MrAoD

Doug Cutler writes:

>I was in DC last weekend. As usual I was looking for a new place to eat and
>found a well reviewed Vietnamese restaurant near Falls Church, Huong Que
>Restaurant (6769 Wilson Blvd, Falls Church, 703-538-6717). It turns out
>that it was located in a Vietnamese shopping center,

Eden Center, about a mile and a half from my house. The food in the
restaurants in that shopping center is very authentic and therefore not always
to Western tastes. For more Americanized palates I'll suggest the Clarendon
area of Arlington, about 4 miles east on Wilson. Queen Bee used to be the
go-to place but they've gotten sloppy in the past five years or so. There are
at least five other Vietnamese restaurants within crawling distance so you can
take your pick easily. Also some Central American restaurants so if you're not
in the mood for Viet cuisine you can take your choice.

I highly recommend Rocklands, a grill/BBQ restaurant, but only if you're taking
out as they haven't much place to sit. Again, on Wilson.

Around the corner (Wilson and Washington, NE corner) is a very good sushi joint
and a couple of unevaluated middle eastern restaurants.

Down Washington is the Lebanese Taverna - great place to dine, excellent food
and a decent atmosphere. Washington and Mckinley St. Across from that is a
Thai joint, pretty good.

Back in Clarendon, if you're in the mood for chili, try Hard Times Cafe. The
vegetarian Cincinnati is nice and spicy. Order the 4-way,
onions-cheese-noodles-extra wet. Just the think when the sinuses need
clearing.

Best,

Marc