Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Shadow[_3_] Shadow[_3_] is offline

Default Question about freezing

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 19:04:37 -0600, Graham > wrote:

>On Mon, 05 Oct 2020 20:20:17 -0300, Shadow wrote:
>

>>>I would freeze raw dough after the first rise. In fact I would form the
>>>loaves and then freeze them, then they would be ready to put into a
>>>banneton out of the freezer.

>> I'll try it in the near future and describe the results...
>> TY
>> PS I post-edited my text. Some phrases made no sense. English
>> is not my native language.
>> []'s

>Your posts were perfectly clear to me!
>Graham

Well, to be honest, the "experiment" was a bit of a flop. It
took so long to unfreeze that the outer layers over-proofed before the
inner ones started fermenting.
Re-shaping was out of the question, I'd be mixing the bad with
the good.
Lots of big bubbles at the sides/top/bottom, but hardly any in
the center. Not much of a "crusty" crust either.
Taste was OK, but nothing special..
I'll have to re-think this.

[]'s
--