Mary

I suggest that you go out and buy a variety of sparkling wines in your
price range, and try them all, one bottle per evening. Choose one
that will go well with the food you are serving at the reception.
(Brut may not be sweet enough, and asti too sweet, etc.) Now go to a
liquor store and get the "case price", which will be a bit less than
the per-bottle price. We found Mumms to be very good with cake, and
at the case price very reasonable.