Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] dalewilli...@gmail.com is offline

Default TN: Weekend wines- Tuscany, Loire, Burgundy, Bdx, Marg. Valley, etc

ndian carrots and chickpea/spinach over saffron rice
2019 Edmunds St John Bone Jolly Rose
Strawberries and raspberry, strawberry leaves, good acids. B+

2015 Martin Mullen Trarbacher Huhnerberg Riesling Kabinett Trocken (Mosel).
Tangy citrus, tons of acid, good with food, hard without. B

On a friends deck Friday. We had gotten a couple of boxes from Blue Hill SB (seafood and garde manger) so brought appetizers from those:
Oysters on half shell, ham on amakaze bread with carrot romesco, mussels escabeche
Ron made sausage and meatballs on spaghetti, Nancy salad.

NV Franco Nero Rustico Prosecco
A bit of RS, apple fruit, citrus blossoms. B-

2008 Francois Cotat €śCuls de Beaujeau€ť Sancerre
White pit fruits, fresh and young, very stony. Long minerally finish. A-

2010 La Colombina Brunello Di Montalcino
Big and ripe., sagging at edges, not a lot of elegance here. B-/C+

2006 Fontodi Chianti Classico
This is big too, but more refined, black cherry and mocha with a bit of leather. B+

Our turn to host a couple of friends, for dinner and then an outdoor showing of €śAede of the Ocean and Land€ť a play by Noor Inayat Khan that was set to music (musicians/actors across 10 time zones, including Betsys quartet).

Distanced dining setup:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQPp4- ... sp=sharing

Groundcherry salsa, fennel sausage
Fluke tartare with wild arugula (BHSB box)
Halibut en papillote, (BHSB)
Grilled pork chops, lamb merguez, zucchini
grape/giner/goat cheese mousse, chocolate cookies (both BHSB)

NV Puech Redon €śPour de Vrai€ť
Petillant Nat from Cinsualt, cloudy, lightlyu sweet, but with a bitter note that reminds me of lambic beer. Different and fun. B/B-

2008 Pascal Cotat €śLes Monts Damnes€ť Sancerre
Unlike the 08 F Cotat CdB, this seems fully mature. Grapefruit and apple cider, some light oxidative notes, from this bottle at least drink up. Others LOVED. B

2010 F. Carillon €śLes Perrieres€ť Puligny-Montrachet 1er
Full, balanced, takes a while to open, light hazelnut notes over a solid pear and citrus base. B+/A-

1982 Ch. La Dominique
Recent acquisition, when I touched cork with screw of Durand it slid into bottle. But decanted this turns out just fine. Soft and ready, moderate acids, resolved tannins. Black plum, a little mocha, plenty of cedar. Drinking very well right now. B+/A-

Sunday Bluefush dijonais, couscous, Burrata caprese, watercress salad

2018 Leeuwin Artists Series Riesling (Margaret River).
Dry, crisp, citrusy (lime).B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.