Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default Chicken wings

Dave Smith wrote:

> They are often sold here pre cut, drumettes and wingettes only. It is
> quite a bit cheaper to buy them intact. You are paying for the tips,
> which most people discard, and it is not much work to separate them.

If yoose want a good "buffalo wing" meal... (and save money)
Wings - schmings. Try "buffalo thighs" instead.
You won't be sorry.

I discovered this one year when I got the urge for wings.
It was Superbowl time so they were expensive...$4.99lb.
Well screw that so I bought a whole chicken for .89lb and
cut it up into many pieces and cooked them the same way.

Once cooked, coated in mix of melted butter and
Frank's Hot sauce. Marie's Blue cheese dressing for a dip.