Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leo[_4_] Leo[_4_] is offline

Default Chicken wings

On 2020 Sep 15, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article >):

> Just wondering.... don't they bake better if you put them on a rack so
> they can crisp up instead of sitting in their own juices.

Probably. This is just the way I do it, and theres no rack to clean.
Carefully wad up the foil and dispose of it. Put the cookie sheet back in the
cupboard. Wing segments crisp well enough at 450F for 30 minutes in my
experience. I dont even turn them.
I used to marinate the wing sections using almost half soy sauce and almost
half lemon juice with some jalapeƱo wheels and a bit of their pickling
liquid when I had parties. That marinade works well for individual pork ribs
too. Both meats taste great that way but dont look particularly good in a
photo.
I swiped the marinade from my father-in-law, way back when.

leo