Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chicken wings

On 2020-09-15 8:57 p.m., Leo wrote:
> On 2020 Sep 15, , Lucretia Borgia wrote
> (in >):
>
>> Looks tasty but I see they are doing the same thing as here, no real 3
>> section chicken wings. I have to go a few extra miles to get them, I
>> don't like them cut in three.

> They came as ten fresh three-section chicken wings. I cut "em up and have
> the tips in the freezer. I like to disjoint them. They lay flatter on the
> cookie sheet. But thats just me.
> Fresh chicken wings are nearly always whole and sold neatly nested, in a
> long, skinny tray where I shop. Butcher disjointed pieces are more expensive,
> and Im adroit with fowl and a knife.

They are often sold here pre cut, drumettes and wingettes only. It is
quite a bit cheaper to buy them intact. You are paying for the tips,
which most people discard, and it is not much work to separate them.

Just wondering.... don't they bake better if you put them on a rack so
they can crisp up instead of sitting in their own juices.