Old 08-09-2020, 06:53 PM posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] dalewilli...@gmail.com is offline

Default tn: Wines from here and there

On Monday, September 7, 2020 at 7:37:15 PM UTC-4, Dan the Man wrote:
Stony Run Viognier Lehigh Valley (PA) 2016
Slightly greenish, peachy on the nose with apricot, peach & key lime on the palate. I have a soft spot for vintners from my area, but this is easy to drink regardless of its origin.

I'm not a Viognier guy, but good for supporting your locasl!

Marques de Caceres Rioja Crianza 2015
Opaque maroon color, black cherry & plum aromas, black cherry & blackberry flavors with velvetty tannins. I have yet to be disappointed with Rioja reds.
\\

Pretty safe bet!

Wagner Vineyards Finger Lakes Riesling Semi-dry 2017
pale greenish-gold, typical peach/gasoline aroma with peach and lemony/grapefruit flavors, zingy acidity. This is almost too full-flavored to match with most foods.

New winery to me, will look for

thanks for notes