Diem Sellers

Default need help with cakes for bake sale

hello everyone,

I'm a regular mother of three who loves to bake. we were in Saudi
Arabia last year, so I no longer have the troops to bake for.
however, my Mom's group is having a bake sale to raise money (25% of
our profits go to a local charity) and I need some advice.

I usually bake cookies, cupcakes, muffins etc. This time, I'd like to
try my hand at creative children cakes. I will be using cake mix due
to my lack of experience baking cakes. I have a Huge Freezer so I'd
like to get a head start. I signed up for six cakes. 3 adult, 3
children themes.

my questions a how far in advance can I bake and freeze them? the
sale is in May.

can I bake, frost and freeze? or should I not frost?

how can I avoid crumbs when frosting? the cakes are so moist, they
just cling to the frosting when I try to frost them. should I have
tried to freeze it a bit?

I'm also going to try lollipop cookies. do I bake with the sticks in
them? do I need to soak the sticks? some recipes call for "gluing"
the sticks to the back of the cookies with royal icing. some call for
using popsicle sticks.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Diem