Doug Cutler

I was in DC last weekend. As usual I was looking for a new place to eat and
found a well reviewed Vietnamese restaurant near Falls Church, Huong Que
Restaurant (6769 Wilson Blvd, Falls Church, 703-538-6717). It turns out
that it was located in a Vietnamese shopping center, one of many restaurants
and plenty of other food, video and general stores. I was very disappointed
with the food, the soup Asparagus and Crab, while having a good flavor was
only just warm and so was my main dish, Chicken with Lemon Grass, it also
tasted like Chicken and Onions with way too many Onions. Now I do find that
when eating alone I often do not get the best service or food and I will try
the place again sometime with a companion. There are many menu items for 2,
3, or 4 people that looked quite interesting and that may be the way you
should go.
Just about next door was a pastry shop that specialized in Moon Cakes, there
was no English description of ingredients in the store (it was on the boxes
if you could get at one). I finally found someone who would talk to me in
Eglish and bought a box with Egg Yolk and Nuts as filling. They are the
best Moon Cakes I have ever tasted.
For what it is worth,
Doug

om...