Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cole Slaw recipes? ISO

On 7/31/2020 7:25 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I've been making a lot of vegetable salads lately. The kind that last
> in the fridge for awhile.
> Do you have a favorite you would be willing to share?
> Thanks
> Janet US

This is my favorite
INGREDIENTS
medium size head shredded green cabbage
2 grated carrots
1/2 diced green bell pepper (red good too)
2 tablespoons grated onion

2 cups mayonnaise
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons celery seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
INSTRUCTIONS
Mix vegetables in a bowl. Mix remaining ingredients in another. Mix
together and toss well. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.

I use the grating blade of the food processor and get a fairly fine cut.
I let it sit for a good half hour. Then I put it in a bowl but squeeze
out much of the water from it.

Mix in the dressing and chill for a few hours or even overnight. I like
to make it the day before.