Jay P Francis

Default Messy Pastries

There is a virtue in making precise, beautiful French pastries. But often, the
taste of these is not spectacular. The fondant is too sweet, the cakes are too
dry.

My thinking is that it is time to invent a new kind of pastry. A messy pastry
as it were. Creamy, flavorful, sacrificing good looks for good taste.

Jack Daniels soaked bread pudding meets my criteria for a messy pastry.

One that comes to mind: one would make a domed chocolate cake, core it out from
the bottom, and fill it with the finest chocolate mousse.

Or, one might break a cake into chunks and serve it with creme anglaise.

I am looking for ideas of messy pastries and would appreciate any suggestions.