Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default My ongoing pizza trouble

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 2:36:59 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, June 29, 2020 at 7:18:09 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > In the US, black parents have to give "The Talk" to their male kids when
> > they go out of the house. This is a reminder about not back-talking to
> > the police and not reaching for anything in the car or doing anything
> > funny with your hands if confronted by the police. That kind of behavior
> > will get you killed.
> >

> Well, some moms are not giving their kids that 'talk.' Notice I said
> moms,
> a large number of those young black men that get into trouble have no male
> parent in the house. Never have had a dad or uncle guiding them.

The reality is that they shouldn't have to give that talk at all. If you
were forced to give remind your kids about the police on a daily basis, and
worried about them getting killed every time they left the house, you'd
understand. As it goes, you're clueless. And the beat goes on.

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...igate-the-talk

====

That is a disgrace